Horstmann 425 coronet digital replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys.. currentley have the Horstmann 425 Coronet single circuit timeswitch and the thing can lose an hour or more over a few days, so we are constantley messing with it.. can someone suggest me a replacement unit which is digital and hopefully less hassle.. many thx

Sponsored Links
thx for the quick reply :D
which 1 would suit my needs best or is it a case of any of the H series.. i just would like to be able to programme at least 3 times aday and what exactly does using the existing backplate mean.. this is all new to me.. thx

have seen this on amazon and wondered if this would be ok
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Horstmann-H27XL-Programmer/dp/B002LYPFH6

it does say its for hot water too but mine is for heating only

When you remove your Coronet from the wall you will find all the wiring is attached to a backplate fixed to the wall, the Coronet clips and screws onto the backplate.

It will look something like this (not sure if this is actually a Coronet)

A compatible controller clips onto the same backplate so you don't have to alter the wiring. A one or two channel programmer should use the same terminals, a 3 channel programmer may need some adjustment to the wiring.

The H27XL is 2 channel 7 days, 3 events per day and different programmes for each day of the week.

The H11 is 1 channel, 1 day, 3 events per day and every day the same.
http://www.gil-lec.co.uk/products/H...+24hr+1+Channel+Digital+Programmer/1713652715

Sponsored Links
thx again for replies.. so would the Horstmann H27XL be ok as ive found one cheap on ebay :D

I don't fit or specify Horstmann but I would be rather surprised if 1 and 2 channel variants 'use the same wiring'. They do use the same backplate.

Coronet does not have an industry standard back plate like the one in the picture and other than getting the same clock any digital will need the backplate removed and rewired.

OP best value digital would be horstman C21 ABOUT 25 QUID

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back