Hose at back of mixer shower has come off Looking for best next step

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Looking for next best steps. I had a pre-existing issue with a mixer shower that's valve had gone. When I have gone to replace a leak in the kitchen that I assumed was due to this and bad sealing has become more evident.

The hose that connected the water supply from under the tub to the back of the mixer in the wall was obviously loose and has now come away completely.

Looking for advice, have attached a couple of pics. Am I better going through the landing wall and reattaching and then fixing the hole created, chipping away at the tiling and trying to get access that way or is there a much more sensible solution that this dullard does not have a clue on?

Attachments

• IMG_6698.jpg
    IMG_6698.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_6697.jpg
    IMG_6697.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_6692 (1).jpg
    IMG_6692 (1).jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_6699.jpg
    IMG_6699.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 167
Sponsored Links
That's a right lash up! Hoses feeding a concealed shower valve!! Rip it all out and do t properly with hard piping and soldered joints. It needs retiling anyway! :)

I did suspect. Lets just say the plumber my partners parents use is amazing......He blew the ECB of the boiler at my own house. I don't want him to get paid to comeback here and they would send him as he is a family friend! Need a short term fix however, house of two children and want resolved today so as a short term would you say through the tiling or wall? Will get fixed properly when tiles etc have been purchased.

Well, if you want to get the shower back up and running today then go through the wall! Is it a stud wall with plasterboard? That would make it an obvious route!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back