Hot water in taps but not in shower??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya Guys or Girls,

My problem is that im getting hot water in the taps, both bathroom and kitchen, however im not getting any hot water to the shower. The shower is a power shower i think as there is only one dial on the wall no separate unit etc.

Every plumber i call out either looks at me in complete confusion or tries to cover up his embarrassment by trying to rip me off. The boiler is not located in the apartment but is located in a boiler room located in a communal area. Noone else seems to have a problem with their water at all.

What could the problem be? The pipe work looks highly confusing (the plumbers think also) and everywhere i turn i hit a dead end. I have pictures of the highly confusing pipework and shower if they are needed.

Please help as i don't like cold showers.

Ben

MOD

see 6a

post edited

Sponsored Links
well a plumber came out and said it was the thermostat and was going to charge my girlfriend a riduculous sum while i was away and another plumber came out and temp fixed the problem for next to nothing?? Explanations are welcome!

didn't mean to be rude and didn't mean to suggest that all plumbers were like that, just the ones i've come across,lol!

Sponsored Links
I was away on buisness but my partner said that he cleaned a filter of some variety?? Puzzles me. Ive told other plumbers about this and they say its a short term fix, but then again they are unsure of a long term one. Has anyone come across this problem?

im unsure of how to post the images on the forum. sorry if you can tell me then i can do it!

shivering said:
it doesnt work even when copied and pasted into the web browser? Ive just tried it and it worked.

http://imagehost.darkernet.co.uk/i/1120231981_DSC00014.JPG

Any ideas why you cant see it??

1120231981_DSC00014.JPG

canwe have one of the shower and the cylinder. the heat exchanger looks like part of a thermal store

thanks doitall for posting the pic!!

Does anyone have any idea as to how i can solve the problem??? :(

http://imagehost.darkernet.co.uk/i/1120242577_DSC00015.JPG

Heres the link for the picture of the shower tho, not sure its going to help as all it shows is that its a power shower (i think).

Just had a chat with someone and they think the water is rushing through too fast from the communal boiler and its not got time to heat up properly!

My question is though, where does the filter come into all of this?

Your right that don't help.

where does the hot water come from. :?: :?:

to post the pic click the img tag twice and place you link to the pic in the middle between the brackets like this

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back