Hot water in taps but not in shower??

shivering said:
Just had a chat with someone and they think the water is rushing through too fast from the communal boiler and its not got time to heat up properly!

You said the hot water was fine everywhere else :eek: :eek:

Sponsored Links
doitall said:
shivering said:
it doesnt work even when copied and pasted into the web browser? Ive just tried it and it worked.

http://imagehost.darkernet.co.uk/i/1120231981_DSC00014.JPG

Any ideas why you cant see it??

1120231981_DSC00014.JPG

is that or is it not a plate h/e or am i peeing in a force 9 :confused:

Sure is clever clogs :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

That what makes me think there's a store someplace (boilermate)

Filter on shower is still the best guess. ;)

The filter on the shower is what i think theyve changed before and then after a few weeks it goes back to cold.

Is there a way that i can change the filter myself and where would i find it?

The water and heating is shared throughout the apartments, im no plumber but i find this a little weird. The heating or boiler room is next door.

Lets try this link thing again
1120242577_DSC00015.JPG

Sponsored Links
Im really useless with all this, all i know is the shower doesnt run hot water (well it does for about 5 seconds).

What do you mean by thermostatic? :)

looks like a trevi... does it say "t" on the chrome mixer .. or "thermostatic"????

sorry i am really no good at all this, exactly what are you looking at in regards to trevi or thermostatic??

shivering said:
sorry i am really no good at all this, exactly what are you looking at in regards to trevi or thermostatic??

Make, he want the make which should be on the shower with a bit of luck

Yeh the make on the shower is 'trevi'.

I wasn't sure which picture he was referring to thats all!

Much to my dismay i've just tried the taps and now they seem to have the same problem as the shower, warm for a few seconds and then cold. If you turn them off, leave them for a minute or two and repeat the process you get the same, hot water for a few seconds and then cold.

Am really stuck now, could anybody recommend me a plumber in my area? This sounds a little naive but do plumbers work weekends??

Don't suppose anybody has a heads up regarding the new and previous problem so i can tell the plumber whats going on when they come?

Haven't seen anything like it so no wonder the poor plumbers confused.

The heat exchanger must supply hot water to a cylinder of sorts, or it could be just for the hesting, I don't know, could probably sort it out given a few hours playing with it.

I would contact the management and see what they say, try and find the guy that installed it.

Say where you are - one of us might be local.

Try looking for a filter in the hose/head. Unscrew head from hose and hose from wall outlet and have a look. If they'd been furtling with the filter in the trevi(mixer) bit that's harder.

When you say the water is ok for a few seconds - pressure/flow OK or temperature ok?

Does it get hotter (eventually) if you turn the tap down and wait?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back