Hot water in taps but not in shower??

would be looking at the h/e
is the water hot going in

???

I would contact the management and see what they say, try and find the guy that installed it.

This is where the buck gets passed, you contact management and they pass the buck to the heating engineers they say they cannot deal with it as they are heating engineers not plumbers.

Say where you are - one of us might be local.

Im from Walsall (nr bham)

Try looking for a filter in the hose/head. Unscrew head from hose and hose from wall outlet and have a look. If they'd been furtling with the filter in the trevi(mixer) bit that's harder.

When you say the water is ok for a few seconds - pressure/flow OK or temperature ok?

Does it get hotter (eventually) if you turn the tap down and wait?

I dont know where to look for this filter, have no idea where the head or the hose is. As far as im aware the last people that came out were the heating engineers (who were a little annoyed) however they did play witht the filter to the shower.

The water is ok pressure wise although it gets extremely hot before going cool. Ive tried turning the tap down and waiting and it gets luke warm but thats about it!

Sponsored Links
shivering said:
This is where the buck gets passed, you contact management and they pass the buck to the heating engineers they say they cannot deal with it as they are heating engineers not plumbers.

Get on your high horse and demand the management sort it and pronto, it is their problem and you pay for their service.

the managaement company will only deal with communal problems though and if this is a problem with the plumbing work in my apartment its my duty to sort it out, isnt it??

Sponsored Links
shivering said:
the managaement company will only deal with communal problems though and if this is a problem with the plumbing work in my apartment its my duty to sort it out, isnt it??

Its communal, you say your not getting hot water then they should sort it.

Whatever you got there is going to take some sorting other than the company that installed it.

You do not have a normal run of the mill install.

Failing everything can you acquire the as fitted drawings

can you email me direct its in my profile.

I dont know where to look for this filter, have no idea where the head or the hose is.

The head is the bit the water comes out of, the hose I'll leave you to think about for a few hours ;)

The head is the bit the water comes out of, the hose I'll leave you to think about for a few hours

Ive took the head of the shower off and it look fine, doesnt seem to be anything blocking it, run the water without the head on and its still cold!!

Really dont what to do now!

Lets start again, have you got hot water at the taps, and at the right temperature.

And can you get hold of the as fitted drawing for the installation, from them I can tell you exactly how and what should be happening.

Lets start again, have you got hot water at the taps, and at the right temperature.

Nope no hot water for a long period, hot water comes through but only for a few seconds and even when i turn the pressure down it only comes through luke warm, this stopped working properly between last night and this morning.

And can you get hold of the as fitted drawing for the installation, from them I can tell you exactly how and what should be happening.

Unfortunately i am not going to be able to get hold of the as fitted drawing as im away on buisness monday until wednesday. And cant get in touch with the management team until monday, the out of hours staff dont class a loss of hot water an emergency the line i got was 'if your flooded or your roof is falling in then i can help you' :) :)

Thats good news, the management are under contract by the tenants to supply the building services, You have a legal right on payment of a reasonable or agreed payment to have and use those services or compensation till such time as you can.

Your contract will tell you exactly what your entiled too, and what means of measuring your use of the services are in place.

Look you're book of rules out and start shouting at someone down the phone, demand to speak to someone in authority, it's your right, forget about being an English Gentleman.

As I said there's no-way we could even begin to work out what you have without either seeing it or having the drawings.

Ok well ill have to phone them tomorrow and give them a royal 'rollocking'

Failing that ill have to somehow get in contact witht the builders and get the drawings from them. If im able to get the drawings of them do you think youll be able to have a better chance of seeing what the hell is going on? Do you think the plumbers will have a better idea also??

I really appreciate all the help that youve given it has been a great comfort!!

If I have a sight of the drawings I will know how it works, so should be able to work out why it isnt.

Problem with any plumber turning up he's going to have to get his head around how it's fitted, and would most certainly require access to the plant room as part of the process of tracing the pipes back, and dare I say joe bloggs has got no chance, you would require an industrial trained plumber. Communial systems are also a new ish system so that will limit your choice even further, already you have noticed the guys looking bewildered, that is what I would expect.

Last problem which is why I said get shouting at the management, I would be very suprised if they give you permission to work in the plantroom that they are under contract to maintain. And quite rightly so in my opinion they can't have every tom dick and harry playing around fiddling with things they know nothing about.

Hey guys all sorted, thanks for the help. Delayed thanks as ive been away on holiday.

Again many thanks!!!

P.s it turned out to be the filter as there was another system put in and when they flushed it out because were on the ground floor we recieved abit of the crappy water!

Again thanks!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back