Hot Water not hot enough

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my hot water comes from a combi boiler. The problem is that the hot water seems to get to a certain temparature then cools right down then hot again but not really that hot. I have turned the comfort control right up on the boiler but does not have any effect.
Any ideas please.
Thanks

The boiler is a Radiant RSF24

Sponsored Links
Don't know this boiler, but when hot tap is on does the ch flow pipe get hot as well? If so a diverter valve problem.

Common problem on most combis when they need a service and adjustment, a sensor fails or a heat exchanger clogs up.

no ch pipe not getting hot when hot water on. I did notice that the water will stay hot all the time if I close the hot tap down so the flow is slower, alot slower.

Sponsored Links
no ch pipe not getting hot when hot water on. I did notice that the water will stay hot all the time if I close the hot tap down so the flow is slower, alot slower.

forgot to mention that the heat exchanger has been cleaned

thanks for the obvious "get it serviced" but i asked a question on this forum because i thought someone here would have some pointers that cause these problems and perhaps how to eliminate things.
Thanks

bunser said:
thanks for the obvious "get it serviced" but i asked a question on this forum because i thought someone here would have some pointers that cause these problems and perhaps how to eliminate things.
Thanks

whats wrong with get it serviced???, it may be the cause????

sheesh no helping some people

does anyone know if the dhw sensor and ch sensor have the same characturistics, could they be swopped for test?
Thanks

I am getting a reading of 11.68 ohms from the dhw sensor
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back