Hot water only but have changed the 3 way valve & contro

Sponsored Links
Move the green and yellow, at prog to no1, you should tag it with a brown sleeve - its not ideal but will work (if all else is correct)

Is this what you are suggesting?

View media item 69509
Should I try this now as a test or after the current tests I am trying?
No, that's the wiring centre, I meant the g/y that is, at the moment, connected to the earth connection at the programmer.

Ah, sorry understand now :S

So like this:

View media item 69510

!!! OK this seems to have worked !!!

I will test in a few ways etc and feedback in 5 mins

OK every setting now appears to be working as expected.

I quickly tried the old prog box which we decided was broken and it was and was doing weird things so it was a combination of a faulty prog box and the incorrect wiring of the prog box.

Guys a big thank you to you all. I am really chuffed and I now know a little bit about heating systems which is a lot more than when I started this :)

Again thank you all

Sponsored Links
Move the green and yellow, at prog to no1, you should tag it with a brown sleeve - its not ideal but will work (if all else is correct)

Is this what you are suggesting?

View media item 69509
Should I try this now as a test or after the current tests I am trying?
As stated earlier you have a wire missing, what is being suggested is to use the 'green and yellow' wire in its place, or install a new wire
At the programmer connect it to the HW OFF terminal thats no 1
At the terminal box connect the other end to the terminal holding the grey and the 'yellow' from cylinder stat.

Also if you have fitted a new programmer have you checked and set the programme selector for a 'fully pumped' system

Hi.

Thank you for the explanation I also guess that when it is two things at the same time its harder to fix and longer.

I have set the new prog to P which I assume is pump and not G which I assume is gravity?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back