Hot Water Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello, ive replaced a radiator in the bathroom for a larger one, had to extend the pipe so joined a 15mm to a 8mm then to the radiator, also moved a sink and attached new taps,
i drained the system down to do all this, when i filled it again switched the boiler on, it fires up, clanks,bangs,clicks and whirs for a bit, sounds of water rushing through it, then it shuts down,
in the airing cupboard the feeder tank now has the hot water in it, overflow pipes adds it, steam the lot, no hot water at taps, water comes out but its cold, bleed every radiator, bleed all i could think of,
any ideas,
someone says i have air in the boiler, bled all i can think off,

make of boiler is Halstead Balmoral 55F

did i do wrong joining one size pipe to another??? :(

Sponsored Links
it does sound as though there is no water or a lack of it in the boiler. probably an air lock. have you bled the pump? any compression fittings around the boiler you could crack open.

hi, yes bleed the pump, no valves that i can see around the boiler, bled radiators,etc, just tried it now still throwing hot water back into the feeder tank,
looks like a pipe on the hot water tank, with a little knob at the top, got small grooves in it, can i turn that to let out air, dont want to touch it and break it if not, or blow myself up,

Sponsored Links
looks like a pipe on the hot water tank, with a little knob at the top, got small grooves in it, can i turn that to let out air, dont want to touch it and break it if not, or blow myself up,

ahh go on be a devil ;)

turn the boiler stat to off
but keep heating from timer running and bleed from every orafice :eek:

Traced the pipe from the pump to the side of the hot water tank, opened a tiny little thumb screw type valve, air came out, everything working fine now,lol
one tiny little valve,
thanks for you help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back