Hotpoint Aquarius 1100 WD61 no hot water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, hope you can help with my washer/dryer.

I have had to move where the machine is and now it has only a cold water feed available. I have put a Y-splitter and a 2nd inlet pipe so there are 2 inlets going in

My understanding is that this machine should heat up the cold water as needed to run a hot wash. Am I right with this?

If so, something in the machine is broken. Presumably the heating element. How hard is it to change one of these?

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
How do you know it's not heating. By touching the plastic on the front of the door won't tell you anything.

I stop the wash half way through the 95degree cycle and the washing I stone cold.

Can't think of a better way to do it.

Have you got a economy button in the front , is it pushed in or out.

Sponsored Links
Iv checked that. Economy is definately turned off. I saw that in another post so double checked.

Button is pushed in.

To do the heater remove the dispenser . Then the 4 screws on the houseing. Consol panel pulls off. Then two screws in front panel 2 more under the kickstrip. Clip on the top of door seal comes off , wire band off then 2 screws for door lock. Front panel lifts off. Heater down the bottom front of drum. Test with a meter or continuity tester before removing. 3 wires on it and a thermo plug. 10 mm nut and heater slides out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back