Hotpoint Ariston Gas Hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I ignite my gas hob and start cooking. However, the flame recedes after a short time then goes out. Seems to be affecting all our points in the hob.

And then none will light up even with a match and if we wait 10 mins or so, it lights up and the same thing happens again.

Maybe not enough gas getting to it? Ive no idea. Why light up and suddenly recede?

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I ignite my gas hob and start cooking. However, the flame recedes after a short time then goes out. Seems to be affecting all our points in the hob.

And then none will light up even with a match and if we wait 10 mins or so, it lights up and the same thing happens again.

Maybe not enough gas getting to it? Ive no idea. Why light up and suddenly recede?
As a DIY job, check the burners and jets for blockages and make sure the assembly is aligned correctly.

Thanks. Me being thick, this means lifting the hob off the counter. Hope there is leeway with the connectors underneath when I lift.

No the burners and jets are accessible without any major upheaval.
The burners and jets are where the pans sit and the flame is seen.

Sponsored Links
yeah checked and they all seem fine.

Its only started happening in last few days and the burners are clean

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back