Hotpoint Dishwasher BF1620 Error

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, My Dishwasher suddenly stopped working.
When switching it on the first light flashes intermittently and I hear the motor humming but it will not fill with water. Any ideas why?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
water in base tip mc backwards put towels on floor water will pour out .then you have to find leak .:cool:

Thanks Rocks, That would make sense because I was refilling the salt reservoir when the cap was on so tight the whole thing turned slightly when I tried to unscrew it. Eventually it came off and maybe some water dribbled down inside the gap between machine and softener reservoir.

So you're saying I have to pull the machine out and drain it? Will it all work again?

yes , tigten up the salt locking washer underneath salt cap this will stop water going into base but you have to tilt it up to drain it

Sponsored Links
do I remove the water waste hose and water mains hose to drain? Thanks

if its tight when you pull it out yes ,if not no

one last question before I pull it out. When I tilt the dishwasher where is the water (that's trapped in between machine housing and softener unit) supposed to go? Is it not a sealed unit? The water you speak of (pouring out towels to mop up etc) will be the normal waste water from the waste water outlet or pump etc..

How do I know i've rectified the problem?

Sorry, and thanks again.

the water is in the base of the machine due to salt pot loose,once tipped back it is clear water when it stop coming out put machine back, it has set of the anti flood device in the base

Thanks very much Rocks, I did what you said and indeed the water came pouring out of the base. I held the machine tilted back until all the fluid stopped coming out. I let the unit stand for a while, rechecked the salt pot ring making sure it was screwed down tightly then switched it on. It worked.

It's currently on a cycle right now. When it finishes I'll put it back into its place and replumb the pipes behind the other units.

Thanks again for your advice.

To think I was on the verge of calling out a plumber or even contemplating a new dishwasher!!!!

Thanks again.

One other question, do you know where to get a replacement rubber seal from? It goes right round the opening and the door closes against it.
Over the past 3 years the plate rack rolling in & out has rubbed against the rubbers on either side causing a weak spot in the seal. On the odd occasion I get some water seepage. Nothing major but I can tell that the seal is beginning to fail.

Cheers again.

phone hotpoint direct 08709 077077 part number you require is c00141317 cost 3.99 easy to fit pulls off push new one on easy :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back