Hotpoint Dishwasher FDW80 not filling with water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, any help would be much appreciated. My dishwasher is not filling with water. I have taken off the back and have noticed a pipe that goes to the upper spray arm. When I turn on the dishwasher the water goes into the bottom of the pipe to the upper spray arm but will not push up the tube (see pic) The water will fill to the point of the red arrow but will go no further. I'm guessing this may be a pump problem but any advice will be much appreciated. Thanks

[/img]

Sponsored Links
Right, so I have been fiddling with this dishwasher for much of the day and didn't get anywhere until I found a thread hidden away on another site that said about a sticking motor. So I got a long screwdriver and turned the motor wheel (it has a nut with a slotted end in the middle that you can turn) and hey presto the dishwasher starts working. Near the end of the cycle the dishwasher stops again. This time turning the wheel with the screwdriver in the slotted nut does not work so I get a hammer and lightly tap the motor a few times and it starts to work, eventually finishing the cycle.

Looks like I will need a new motor which is about the most expensive serviceable part on it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back