Hotpoint Dishwasher intermittent on/off when opening door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there. I have just discovered a problem with our Hotpoint Dishwasher where the thing switches on / off when the door is open. When closed the dishwasher doesn't stay on but comes back to life when the door is opened slightly. I Initially thought it was the door latch but that can't be it can it?
Any help gratefully accepted. Thanks. I do have a little video clip of it if I can upload. Cheers.

Attachments

• 20210210_181502.jpg
    20210210_181502.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 183
Sponsored Links
Obviously the 'door open sensor', which will be close to the hinge somewhere. The good people on the UKwhitegoods forum might be able to suggest where it is exactly, but it is likely a microswitch.

Thanks Harry, I didnt mention that the dw switches back on when the door is at it's lowest (to the floor). Would this be a micro switch? I cant seem to see where it would be.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Harry, I didnt mention that the dw switches back on when the door is at it's lowest (to the floor). Would this be a micro switch? I cant seem to see where it would be.

I would suspect so, but the only way to find out is to pull it out and investigate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back