Hotpoint Freezer Leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have a hotpoint rfs60 fridge freezer. The drain hole at the back keeps freezing up causing water to overflow from the fridge. I have unblocked the pipe on numerous occasions but it re-freezes within a couple of days. I have cleaned the door seals, checked for leaks but cant find anything wrong. Does anyone have any ideas?? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
first of all tip a small jug of boiling water down the hole and see if it comes out on the compresser tray at the rear .if it does the hole is clear you could have a small bit of debis in it. also try and use a wire coat hanger and place down hole it should appear at the back on tray. :)

Hi, i have cleared the hole many times using warm water but it still freezes up after a couple of days!! :( also had a length of wire down it until it comes out the bottom. Had some debris out the first time but never again. May try a pipe cleaner? I was wondering if the pipe ran too close to the rear of the freezer and this was causing it? Thanks.

a pipe cleaner may bend in the middle thats why i just a metal coathanger .if the water runs straight out to the bottom its clear.you also must mop water up that you use to clear hole otherwise it will freeze over .

Sponsored Links
hi mate,well ive defrosted the hole, ran hot water through it, then a coat hanger, then some rope of the same diameter, then more hot water! no signs of any debris came out so have to see what happens! :)
cheers carl.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back