Hotpoint WD62 Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, I have a problem with my Hotpoint WD 62 Washer/Dryer, when I put it on a programme the drum fills with water and makes a lot of different noises but doesn't ever spin. I read on some other posts to try changing the brushes so I took them out and they were very worn down so I replaced them. I really thought this would fix the problem but it hasn't. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks
Martin

Sponsored Links
Did you realease the tabs on the brushes before inserting them

Yes, I did both brushes were fully extended before I inserted them.

Thanks for your reply.

Don't worry I sorted it, the wires going to the brushes weren't on properly, I reinserted them and now the drum is spinning.

Cheers
Martin

Sponsored Links
Ok, the washer is not completely fixed! Although it's going through its cycle ok and spinning alright it leaking water when it spins fast. When its finished I'm going to have a look to see if I can tell where its coming from. Is there any places I should look at first?

Cheers
Martin

filter poss blocked, found at the rear undo 23 screws its at the bottom,

Thanks I'll take a look at that. The cycle has just finished and the drum hasn't drained there is still a lot of water in it. Does this suggest the filter as well or something else?

oh yes ,or waste pipe crushed or blocked at sink end.

Thanks rocks for your replys, I found an old pair of knickers in the pipe out the back of the drum. This was great I removed the offending item put it all back together and managed to do a full wash, perfect!

The bad news my wife went to do a wash this morning it started to fill with water and then tripped the RCD switch in the consumer unit. I've had the washer apart again but I can't see anything obviously wrong, any ideas. I really thought I had it sorted and now its not working again.

Thanks for all your help
Martin

there may be water contacting a live part of the machine which may have splashed up from when you took out the filter, or disturbed a hose clip or something....

if it was ok before id say it was something daft to begin with

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back