Hotpoint wd72 faul

hello rocks1
Fitted a new heater element today. Water flowed into the machine and it worked ok for about ten minutes. Then water appeared on the floor under the washer. I cancelled the program. I noticed that the water could be heard flowing into the machine all the time. It was obvious that there was too much water getting into the drum and I suppose it overflowed somehow. Could be the pressure switch? Maybe I'm not fitting the pressure chamber /rubber ring gasket properly so the switch doesn't work? I've checked that the pipe is clear. And I've blown gently into the pressure swich and can hear a 'click'.
ps I'm getting pretty good at dismantling the machine and putting it back together again:)
The pressure chamber just slides over the ring washer and the two screws tightened.......Is that correct?

Sponsored Links
Yes that's correct the presure chamber bit. Take the front off and put a couple of litres of water in the drum and then you can see where it's leaking from. It's gonna be by the heater or presure chamber. As it wasn't leaking before you may have not tightened something up.

Thanks rocks1 I'll try again in the morning.
Before I notice the water leaking from under the machine the drum looks as if it's about half full of water. After cancelling the program I drained about four buckets full of water out of the machine.

Sponsored Links
Hello rocks1
Just a final update on the problem. Took the front of machine off. Poured about 15 litres of water into the drum. No leaks at all to be seen. The problem was overfilling I'm sure. Checked/cleaned everything again. Put it back together and switched on. No water entering the machine again.
Took the pressure tube off the pressure switch. Still no water entering the machine. So I think I'll cal it a day. We've had the machine years so I'll order a new one tomorrow. Thanks for all your help. I've really learned a lot about washing machines.
Best wishes keith2

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back