How do I fix this pocket door without taking it apart?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a pocket door (eclisse I think) that is dragging, I can see that the screws have come loose on one of the runners (not sure of terminology here) where it is fixed to the door with a metal plate. The actual mechanism works fine it just needs to be screwed in properly to stop the door dragging. Picture shows what it looks like when I've wedged the door into the correct height/position. But how do I screw it back in without removing all the architrave and frame? The picture was taken with an endoscope but the gap either side is around 5mm, is there a screwdriver tool that would fit the gap and magically allow me to tighten them up? Also the screws seem to be still doing something - I can't push them further in, and the screws on the other side of the plate are also the same.
Photo_2024-02-18 13_00_18_930.JPG

Sponsored Links
I have no idea why the screws were not driven in completely, but surely it is the nut that you to access to adjust?

Sorry, I have only worked on a few sliding doors.

Hopefully, someone with more experience will be able to help.

The screws on the other runner are driven in completely - so I have assumed that these ones have worked loose, but does that even happen? I guess could adjust the nut but I'm not sure there is that much adjustment available to compensate and what would happen with the screws - would they continue to loosen?

Sponsored Links
It seems really unlikely that they would loosen, given what loads you'd expect them to experience. But surely it wasn't installed like that, either!
As to how to get them back in...I've used a 1/4" hex Pozi bit in a small ratchet spanner, held in place with some blutac. This wasn't in a pocket door, but it worked. It basically looked like this:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back