How do I go about replacing the bell box with Accenta 8 Mini

All i did was to offer advice and all i then get is a bunch of abuse

OP comes in with

Advice on best way to go about this would be gladly appreciated as I would like to do this work myself being fairly competent with electrics and most other building jobs around the house. The reason for changing the box is that its been making strange noises for last few days, like a broken crackling speaker and then last night siren went off at 3 in the morning before stopping on its own after about 20 mins (control panel user code had no affect).
I am planning to get a new siren/strobe box from somewhere like screwfix and would like to get best advice as to simplest way to go about this job.
The engineers code has been changed from the default setting so would my code do the trick to work on box or would I have to fully reset.

Thanks guys.

My reasonable reply is

code makes no difference, it wont stop it when you change it, since the bell has iots own battery.
your code will be required to clear the tamper fault.

to which i get this bunch of abuse

I know that much. Anyone else ?

All i was doing was helping, with the respect to the information given.

i (and neither or anyone else) can be expected to know what the OP does or does not know

some people come on here and want things handed to them on a plate ddma seems to be one of them.

just because ddma did not get the first reply that was wanted all ddma does is give abuse

Sponsored Links
So now we are back on topic would someone try and advise what the procedure is for wiring in a new bell box. Do I power down control panel or just unwire and rewire ?

I really don't know what your problem is breezer, is this the Alarm forum ? Its as though I posted in the plumbing section. What is DIYNOT for if not being informative, I don't think it was created to rant on about every little thing.
Thanks for ebay link spark123 I will get one of these.

Like I said Breezer, it may not have come across as thankfull. It certainly to me doesn't look like abuse, however your next post didn't really help matters as don't your last couple. If you consider it abuse I suggest you click alert moderators and let them deal with it instead of replying with unhelpful comments about crystal balls.

Sponsored Links
So now we are back on topic would someone try and advise what the procedure is for wiring in a new bell box. Do I power down control panel or just unwire and rewire ?

Personally I'd look to power off what I can, even if it is just removing the wires from the terminals inside the main control panel. Saves shorting the wires together up a the bell box when playing about with the wires.

Is there anyone else out there that can help with some genuine words of wisdom (that doesn't include you breezer).
I normally find these forums very good.

There's an unwritten rule on forums - you don't help those that aren't worth helping. This guy is one of them. I bet he demands loads of free advice off his solicitor. :rolleyes:

Maybe he does joe, that isn't really any of our business.
I try to help where I can, how can you say anyone isn't worth helping? OK, so breezer took offence at his first reply but would have been better remaining quiet and doing nothing than retaliate with daft posts about crystal balls.
P.S, what was no 3 in the music quiz?

Moderator 3 said:
Are you sure :?:
I take it this means someone's telling porkies?

Skippy. Dead hard to play that descending bit.

Oh so it is! That was annoying me last night where I had heard it before. Good work!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back