How do I increase the Boiler Pressure in my Halstead Boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, this is my first post here- I am afraid I have the DIY skills of a chicken, so apologies in advance! Please do be kind to me. :)

We have a Halstead ACE HE combi condensing boiler that was installed by a very good plumber (who unfortunately has emigrated!) It has been working without problems since then.

I've noticed it's making a low humming sound (with an additional higher hum) in the mornings despite no hot water being run or central heating on.

I had a look at the pressure gauge and it's about 1/4 when I think it should be 1. I was wondering whether that could be part of the problem. We have noticed the cupboard (in which the boiler is) gets wet- so perhaps there is a leak here?

Is such a low pressure dangerous?

It's probably best that we get a Corgi registered engineer out (as the manual states) but I just wondered whether increasing the pressure was something I could do? I can't work out how to do it.

I don't have much confidence with this type of thing, so is it an easy thing to do, or am I best just calling someone out? Quite why these kind of things happen when you're low on money I don't know!

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back