How do I plumb in my D/W and W/M without a sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I hope you can help. My partner and I are finally refitting our kitchen, completely. :D

For some unknown reason we have to waste disposal outlets and he wants to plumb our single bowl sink into one and the washing machine and dishwasher, together, into the other.

Can you tell me what sort of connector we need as the only ones we've found in our local DIY shops all have sink connectors on them too, or is it not wise to do it this way.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
stand pipe to a trap.

A trap like this on the waste pipe, with a bit of vertical pipe stuck in it, and your appliance hose poked loosely into the top.

p1076474_l.jpg

Can you post a pic of what you have?

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=129539

I hope you mean waste pipes, not waste disposal units.

edited
one of these
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/18640...-Trap-40mm;jsessionid=F0PPNZMPHYF4ICSTHZPCFEY

Our dishwasher got connected to a little "nipple" that stuck out from the sink waste kit. Not sure if these have any advantage over standard wastes. It looks neater, IMO.

it has the great advantage that it is more likely to get choked with tealeaves, bacon fat, peas, etc and to have them wash down the pipe into the washing machine and fill it with smelly dirty water from the sink.

How are house prices for first time buyers in Floodland?

Sponsored Links
it has the great advantage that it is more likely to get choked with tealeaves, bacon fat, peas, etc and to have them wash down the pipe into the washing machine and fill it with smelly dirty water from the sink.

How are house prices for first time buyers in Floodland?

Absolutely agree. Spigots should only be used as a last last last resort.
A standpipe for each appliance is the only "proper" way..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back