how do you clean paint off pipes?

Sponsored Links
I lightly grip the end with waterpump pliers, and give them a turn or two around the pipe. that usually takes most of of the paint off, then a bit of Scotchbrite or wire wool to clean them up.

footprint and turn them round the pipe the wrong way and the teeth will get most of it off and then steelwool, really probably just the same as TicklyT said

Robert

Sponsored Links
footprint and turn them round the pipe the wrong way and the teeth will get most of it off and then steelwool, really probably just the same as TicklyT said

Robert

What do you mean by footprint mate?

Painted pipes must be a real pain in the arse for you plumbers!

I sometimes use a stanley knife, method similar to 'whittling' a stick. Steel wool to finish. And paint is a pain...... Especially folk who insist on painting everything, isovalves, drain off's etc.....

Copper pipes ?? providing it is not gas , heat it up with a blow lamp than use some steel wool !!

Copper pipes ?? providing it is not gas , heat it up with a blow lamp than use some steel wool !!

I did try this before and it didnt work. I guess because of the type of paint it is.

also with what you have just said "copper pipe" , what do you lot do if plastic pipe is painted? guess you have to replace back to a non painted section?

Robert

Painted pipes must be a real pain in the a**e for you plumbers!

footprints are the basic tool of the plumber, adjustable to suit different sizes of nuts, the come in 7", 9" and 12", google and have a look

Robert

footprints are the basic tool of the plumber, adjustable to suit different sizes of nuts, the come in 7", 9" and 12", google and have a look

Painted pipes are a piece of pi55 to deal with. We encounter them all day every day.
Footprints are old school. Just like gordens. So glad to see the old stuff still works the best - thats what I use.

Mr.W.

misterdubya";p="1844576 said:

Robert

Painted pipes are a piece of pi55 to deal with. We encounter them all day every day.
Footprints are old school. Just like gordens. So glad to see the old stuff still works the best!

Mr.W.[/quote

i'm also old school and proud of it, so leave me and my footprints alone

i have the obligatory, blunt, inch chisel in my bucket. its a nice solid bit of steel and the long edge scratchs paint off a treat. footprints or grips are ok too. i use the webbed cleaning strips to clean up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back