how do you remove the top from a Hotpoint WMA74 washer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to remove the top panel from a Hotpoint Ultima washing machine model WMA74. I have removed the fastenings from the front corners but the top is still fixed at the rear. I am wary of using any force to prise it off. What is the secret - does the top slide off? Or are there fastenings at the rear of the top accessible from the bottom of the machine?

Sponsored Links
Just generalising here but usually there are screws pointing upwards under the overhanging lip at the top of the machine back - remove these and the top should slide rearwards before you can lift it off. Cheers John

The machine is in my daughter's flat so I can't check it now. I cannot remember any overhanging lip at the back, or any screws, but I will check as soon possible and let you know how I get on. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Its painful to do but you push the top backwards,

the painful bit is you normally need to tap it quite hard to get it to move

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back