How does God work?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was channel hopping earlier (good job I live alone cause it's a bit of a habit!) and I settled for a few mins on God TV. If you've never seen the channel, it's full of various preachers filling their pockets by preaching to the gullible.

This American preacher was telling a story about being in a car accident. There he was, hanging upside down in the car thinking 'my time has come.' However no, he heard the word of God, telling him his work on earth wasn't done. He saw angels coming down to help him. Reinvigorated, he reached for the seatbelt buckle, got loose and crawled from the car. He still went preaching that night he tells the congregation. He also made mention of folk on YouTube that have things to say about him. I'm assuming he's referring to one of the videos where these preachers are called out for what they are, con men. It makes no odds to him he said, God has been 'veeeeery good to me' and these folk can mock all they like. If you've ever seen these preachers, they LOVE to talk about how God rewards people financially if they praise him enough. They talk about 'sowing the seed' which is basically them asking the congregation and viewers for cash to fund their multi-million dollar lifestyles ... oops sorry I mean to fund their charitable work and church.

So how does God work then? It decided to send its angels to save this 1 x preacher who rips people off, and yet it decided not to send angels to save 43,000 people who died in the Turkey earthquake.

MMmmm, funny sort of God that.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Many, many years ago someone wrote a fairy story. When he died someone else picked up the unfinished story and wrote the next section. Then he died and someone else picked it up again and added more, etc, etc, etc

At least the Brothers Grimm and Hans Christian Anderson based their stories on things which are believed to have actually occurred in those distant days.

After the great flood had subsided ,God says to Noah "Now that the ark is empty I want you to make it bigger, I want you to add another twenty decks and fill it with fish" Noah says "what fish would you like my lord?" "I want it filled with Koi" Noah asks "Why Koi my lord?" God says "I want a multi storey carp ark"

God works in Strangeways

1677106692057.jpeg

a life of convictions

I was channel hopping earlier (good job I live alone cause it's a bit of a habit!) and I settled for a few mins on God TV. If you've never seen the channel, it's full of various preachers filling their pockets by preaching to the gullible.

This American preacher was telling a story about being in a car accident. There he was, hanging upside down in the car thinking 'my time has come.' However no, he heard the word of God, telling him his work on earth wasn't done. He saw angels coming down to help him. Reinvigorated, he reached for the seatbelt buckle, got loose and crawled from the car. He still went preaching that night he tells the congregation. He also made mention of folk on YouTube that have things to say about him. I'm assuming he's referring to one of the videos where these preachers are called out for what they are, con men. It makes no odds to him he said, God has been 'veeeeery good to me' and these folk can mock all they like. If you've ever seen these preachers, they LOVE to talk about how God rewards people financially if they praise him enough. They talk about 'sowing the seed' which is basically them asking the congregation and viewers for cash to fund their multi-million dollar lifestyles ... oops sorry I mean to fund their charitable work and church.

So how does God work then? It decided to send its angels to save this 1 x preacher who rips people off, and yet it decided not to send angels to save 43,000 people who died in the Turkey earthquake.

MMmmm, funny sort of God that.
American cars must be terrible if they need a god to look after them.

Psst...

Don't tell this to any believers in an imaginary friend...

She's black :LOL:

My missus often tells me that when God made man she was only joking

Sponsored Links
Back