How does God work?

Sponsored Links
When we moved from Northern Ireland to London, we had visits weekly from the Priest. One day I( a sceptical 14year old) asked my Dad what did he want. My Father replied " When Jesus found the Apostles asleep, he asked "could you not watch one hour with me?"......but what he meant was "can you not give an hour's pay to the Church each week?".....That settled it for me.....but once a Catholic ..always a Catholic......but in Ireland the Sceptics found a Loophole, a way to have your birth certificate altered to say you were not baptised a Catholic....so many applied...that they soon closed that loophole....I got in before.....

Not the same thing at all. Life exists for certain on Earth, it isn't such a leap to imagine it might exist elsewhere.

I agree, the universe is so very vast, that there will almost certainly be some form of life, beyond earth. The only real question is, whether it will be intelligent life.

Sponsored Links
Solipsism would say you are mistaken....
a-fistful-of-dollars-clint-eastwood.gif

Must admit I'm not sure I got the context right. I thought it was something to do with humans being arrogant enough to think that only their own thoughts were valid? I looked it up in the end and found this - which straightened things out nicely.

"This (solipsism) is the worst of all possible Bullshit philosophy."

Must admit I'm not sure I got the context right. I thought it was something to do with humans being arrogant enough to think that only their own thoughts were valid? I looked it up in the end and found this - which straightened things out nicely.

It is generally used to mean that, you can only accept proof of your own mind's existence, you cannot be sure of, or prove anything external to your own mind.

Sponsored Links
Back