How does God work?

Would you consider believing in anything for which there is no evidence?
Like there are fairies in the woods?
Your god could presumably show me evidence he exists. He hasn't.
Your bible's full of crap. Starting at page 1.
If there is a god he's an arseho1e.

Stop being silly.

Sponsored Links
Would you consider believing in anything for which there is no evidence?
Yet billions do. Sods law, innit.

And who do you think puts the prezzies under the tree?

Shudder the thought - someone just walked over my grave.

I swear my old mom/dad is looking down on me from above.

Sponsored Links
In the movie 'Contact', Ellie (Jodie Foster) is asked 'do you believe in God' at the committee hearing to decide who should go on the mission.
She answers as a scientist, believing herself to be a moral person but uncommitted to the existence of God without proof.
However; after she makes a journey through time and space to meet with an alien entity, she returns without proof of their encounter because the video couldn't record anything - when questioned at the end, she replies...

To the people watching her craft plunge into the ocean in a moment of time on Earth it appeared the mission had failed yet she knew her journey was real, but couldn't prove a damn thing to the disbelief of all...apart from the one who asked if she believed in God; for she asked them to take her word on faith alone.

To many people the belief in Alien life has replaced the search for God and become a new religion: neither can be proved, yet the search goes on regardless.

And God said to John "Come forth and you shall have eternal life" But John came fifth and won a toaster.
He praised the Lord upon most high, placing good bread within the toaster...then cursed the Satanic Brexxitters for there was no butter with which to spread upon his leavened Holiness.

Here endeth the lesson.

He praised the Lord upon most high, placing good bread within the toaster...then cursed the Satanic Brexxitters for there was no butter with which to spread upon his leavened Holiness.

Here endeth the lesson.
During his tour of Ireland the pope was asked what he thought of County Down. "I preferred it when Carole Vorderman was in it" he replied.

But if you don't believe...
I don't believe in Frodo or the Flying Spaghetti Monster, but their name are capitalised, because it is correct to do so. Doesn't matter whether they exist or not.

To many people the belief in Alien life has replaced the search for God and become a new religion: neither can be proved, yet the search goes on regardless.
Not the same thing at all. Life exists for certain on Earth, it isn't such a leap to imagine it might exist elsewhere. Personally I think it most likely does and will probably be discovered one day, although I don't think it will be the little green man variety.

Sponsored Links
Back