How exactly 'are' new houses signed off?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Can't believe anyone on here's not curled one out when caught short in outside surroundings even saint notchy.

Can't believe anyone on here's not curled one out when caught short in outside surroundings even saint notchy.

'curled one out' :LOL:

Mind the poison ivy when you go looking for a handy leaf, old chap:oops:

So you found one example out of how many houses built in The 60s? :rolleyes:

Have you not seen the videos of the utter ssh!te that's signed off as fit for sale these days? My house was built in 1961. The quality is leagues ahead of the depressing dolls house dimensions rubbish being thrown up today. I'll take my 60s house over modern any day.

Oh dear, 2020s houses not looking so good.
'Absolutely shocking'.
I lost count how many times he said that.
Our house was built in the 30s and i used to think it had settled over the years and had become misaligned by up to an inch (south-east to north-west) but after looking at the clutter left under the bathroom floor by the builders i'm not so sure.
The buggr's who fitted the new bathroom last year were on a ten day limit and tried to cut corners wherever they could. I hung around stripping down the door and kept an eye on 'em so they didn't get away with much, though who knows what they get up to when your back's turned.
Have some pride in what you're doing, say i.

Never use cement bag on your arris either.
I did a grunt onto some newspaper whilst clutching two scaffold poles I'd set up. I was right out in the boondocks. Put my rubbish in the skip and carried on working.
An hour later I heard the client pull up on the gravel so I went out to see her.
I turned the corner to see their Gordon Setter perched atop of the skip, happily muching on my messy waste. Frozen to the spot, I watched as the customer scolded the dog and called him to heel. Happy to see her, he ran over and "kissed" the owner along with his brown moustache.

Never use cement bag on your arris either.
I did a grunt onto some newspaper whilst clutching two scaffold poles I'd set up. I was right out in the boondocks. Put my rubbish in the skip and carried on working.
An hour later I heard the client pull up on the gravel so I went out to see her.
I turned the corner to see their Gordon Setter perched atop of the skip, happily muching on my messy waste. Frozen to the spot, I watched as the customer scolded the dog and called him to heel. Happy to see her, he ran over and "kissed" the owner along with his brown moustache.
Please tell me that didn't happen. :sick:

My house was built in 1961. The quality is leagues ahead
Any reason I shouldn't just return the same thing? So you've found one 1960s house that is good standard!

I'm under no illusion about modern housing. I've seen plenty of crap. But I've seen plenty of poor 1960s housing as well. Cold, damp, decayed, poorly designed, rubbish windows. Victorian housing the same; particularly stuff at the rear of the houses - some of it makes me wonder how it didn't fall down years ago.

Fact is there is good and bad at both ends of the scale. A well built modern house is fine, it's just a case of avoiding the rubbish.

Sponsored Links
Back