How exactly 'are' new houses signed off?

Sponsored Links
I'm under no illusion about modern housing. I've seen plenty of crap. But I've seen plenty of poor 1960s housing as well. Cold, damp, decayed, poorly designed, rubbish windows. Victorian housing the same; particularly stuff at the rear of the houses - some of it makes me wonder how it didn't fall down years ago.

When you consider how much materials, facilities and methods to build have improved, then modern houses should be built without any faults.

When you consider how much materials, facilities and methods to build have improved, then modern houses should be built without any faults.
Only if you don't take into account complexity - and modern houses can certainly be complex, especially if aiming for zero C

Only if you don't take into account complexity - and modern houses can certainly be complex, especially if aiming for zero C
True.
But it isn't complex builds that are the issue with the faults highlighted in the video - those doors are a bloody disgrace and even a qualified bodger like me wouldn't leave a job like that!

Sponsored Links
I don't think it has anything to do with anything other than cutting £costs.

They are buying up green field sites at agricultural prices, using corrupt influences to gain planning permission for housing, building those houses as cheaply as possible & then selling them on at max market values.

It is all about greed.

Back