How often do you use Amazon?

Has the OP turned in to Tea Boy Jim?

Andy
lol, does that mean posting pointless threads? tbh if I post something it's cause I'm genuinely interested in peoples views and it takes forum members away (temporarily) from all the doom & gloom threads :)

Sponsored Links
:mrgreen: Just to add some. Retail sales down more than expected, online ~7% down and even food spending has reduced.

Just to cheer people up.

AS my wife said, if all these prices increases mean people watch less Netflix and eat less food, that might not be a bad thing.

Amazon + prime the best combination if you want stuff quickly. Rarely find a power tool cheaper than Amazon but the smaller stuff e.g. plastic food containers as a random example, can be found much cheaper on ebay.

Blup

Sponsored Links
Yeah, I've found that anything building related is really expensive on Amazon. Probably the heavier cost of postage? But things like screws, usually twice as much at least than hardware shops.

Use Amazon a lot, especially for expensive purchases as they tend to be cheaper. Use it for research as well, comparing like for like on other websites and reading reviews, (with a bit of scepticism on some).
The High Street shops are not doing themselves any favours, especially electrical places like Curry's etc. You look on their website, or even venture to go in the shop, to review and buy something they sell. So you look at the item in the shop and decide you want one. Quite often we have been told they don't hold a stock of them in the store and we have to go home and order on line. This also incurs a delivery charge which can often cost half as much as the item. My wife and I have both tried pointing out the error of their systems but the assistants, (quite rightly), just shrug their shoulders and say, "Thats the way this place works."
Hence Amazon gets most of our business.

I use CPC, Screwfix, Toolstation, Ebay and if spending customers money RS or Farnell, my local Eddies are good but do not stock a good range of control gear.

Use Amazon a lot, especially for expensive purchases as they tend to be cheaper. Use it for research as well, comparing like for like on other websites and reading reviews, (with a bit of scepticism on some).
The High Street shops are not doing themselves any favours, especially electrical places like Curry's etc. You look on their website, or even venture to go in the shop, to review and buy something they sell. So you look at the item in the shop and decide you want one. Quite often we have been told they don't hold a stock of them in the store and we have to go home and order on line. This also incurs a delivery charge which can often cost half as much as the item. My wife and I have both tried pointing out the error of their systems but the assistants, (quite rightly), just shrug their shoulders and say, "Thats the way this place works."
Hence Amazon gets most of our business.

100% agree with this, had appliances break recently and needed immediately, no stock in Currys/argos etc 3 week wait, had an American side by side fridgefreezer next day delivery on prime, but as JP say's i find anything Diy/building related a lot dearer on Amazon.

I think my wife and daughter are both having an affair with an Amazon delivery driver, he visits us almost every day.

We are on their regular scheduled delivery route now :)

I think my wife and daughter are both having an affair with an Amazon delivery driver, he visits us almost every day.

We are on their regular scheduled delivery route now :)

If your bank account is going down the you have nothing to worry about. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back