how to fix my sharp aquos LC-20S1E LCD TV

Discussion in 'Audio Visual' started by intercityuk, 31 Dec 2009.

1. intercityuk

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    i think this is a common fault. My tv when switched on goes to standby with red light on but will not switch on it just stays like that no matter what i do. It is a few years old but hardly ever used. Could anybody help / advise ? Thanks

2. ChrisFrost

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    If it's a common fault then there's probably going to be quite a bit of info about it online. Have you tried Googling?

3. ericmark

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    My Panasonic has problems turning on from time to time. I blame my wife for using Sky remote to switch off so instead of controlling Sky it's on TV and sends odd signals to TV.

Unplug and re-boot in worst case. But normally switching off and on at set cures it.

4. PrinceCharles

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
  5. missd

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I have exactly the same fault with my Sharp Aquos TV - went faulty and now will not switch on at all. Exactly the same faults as reported many times when I Googled "Sharp Aquos fault" Contacted Sharp (set no longer under warranty) and was told that, despite the fact many people have had the same problem, it will cost £164 for them to fix it. Needless to say, I refuse to do this and will NEVER buy a Sharp product again.

6. ChrisFrost

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom

7. missd

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Haha! Yes I might be looking for a technical tool like this. In the meantime I am posting my disgust on facebook and anywhere else I can to spread the word about Sharp being "sharp dealers"!