How to inflate tubeless Wheelbarrow tyre?

0j0

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My wheelbarrow tyre went flat a couple of days ago. Partially removing the tyre reveals that it is tubeless, in fact I am sure it went flat because it had gone quite soft over time then being soft it had lost contact with the rim.

For me the problem is that I don't know how to inflate it?

I don't have a car and have no knowledge of tubeless tyres. I have tried my bicycle pump but it is hopeless, so I have taken it to the local petrol station and that doesn't work either.

The problem is that when deflated the tyre does not make a good contact with the wheel all around, so no air pressure can build up.

I have thought of putting a tube in it but I don't know where to get a small very fat tube :)

Thank you for any assistance you can give.

Sponsored Links
one way of doing it. run a loop of rope around the tyre pulling tight will force the walls to the rim making enough seal to blow the tyre up.

If you take the wheel to a petrol station that has an air pump, you may find that their pump is so powerful that it inflates quickly and pushes the tye sides to the rim, and inflates it.

Sponsored Links
Hi

I'm going to buy a tube instead. I've tried petrol station pump and it doesn't work. I've tried a big strap I have going around the tyre putting a lot of pressure on the circumference and that doesn't work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back