How to open this lamp?

Sponsored Links
I am not 100% on this but looking at the photo I would suggest the three metal parts protruding at the very bottom of the fitting unscrew.

Have dealt with lots of similar fittings and generally thy are held on as I stated. Try either a pair of pliers and gently but firmly try unscrewing ANTICLOCKWISE. Or try donning some rubber gloves to get better purchase on them.

Also, they should not require much force to remove them as suggested, so if they are not budging I would look elsewhere on the fitting to see if they undo differently.

If trying pliers be careful as the pliers may slip and scratch the three 'heads'. Soooo put some cloth or rubber between pliers and the 'heads' before gripping them.

Agree with Owl, reckon the stds shoud unscrew at which point the glass plate will be ready to drop away.

PJ

Sponsored Links
The type I have fitted similar to that did unscrew. They may have a decorative cap on them similar to a mirror screw.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back