how to pressurise worcester 2.8i combi?

Hi Nabby,

Just in case you have not deciphered all this...

I have a 28cdi.

Put in the "T" and turn it 90 degrees (this opens the water supply. Undo the gray knob (like a tap) and you weill hear water flowing. Watch the pressure gauge and turn off the water when it is sufficient. dont turn off the knob hard (but hard enough..if that makes sense)

Turn back the "T" and remove, a small amount of water will come out.

From personal experience, check back later to make sure you turned off the gray knob hard enough, otherwise it will drip!!..

Matt :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hi

Hoping someone can help me here I have the same problem with low pressure (about 0.5 bar). I inserted the T and turned it to the lock position (although I can just keep turning and turning it).

I then turned the square white/grey knob (next to where the T is inserted) anti-clockwise and water started coming out of where the key is inserted - the more I turn the more water comes out!!

I can turn the square knob a tiny bit clockwise but cannot hear any water and I don't want to force it!

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You haven't got the T piece inserted properly :eek:

You should feel a positive (for want of a better word) click as you push the T piece all the way in, then turn it 90 degrees.

If you shine a torch up the orifice then you will see that there are effrectively two stages to inserting it.

Be careful not to get it in wrong and break the little tabs.

Now for some real inuendo!! :rolleyes: ;) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

791137-1.jpg

This is all good info, thank you. I have tried this and the pressure slowly rised from 0.5 to just over 1, but then it stopped. I do need it to go a little higher to get all the radiators hot enough! Any more advice? Open the T-thingy and tap more? Try again later? Please help!

Hi Nabby,

Just in case you have not deciphered all this...

I have a 28cdi.

Put in the "T" and turn it 90 degrees (this opens the water supply. Undo the gray knob (like a tap) and you weill hear water flowing. Watch the pressure gauge and turn off the water when it is sufficient. dont turn off the knob hard (but hard enough..if that makes sense)

Turn back the "T" and remove, a small amount of water will come out.

From personal experience, check back later to make sure you turned off the gray knob hard enough, otherwise it will drip!!..

Matt :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sponsored Links
Hi guys, sorry tp be resurrecting an old thread but I've been trying to repressurise with no luck, I may well be being incredibly stupid so apologies if I am. I have insterted the key as far as it will go (I can see the top of it sticking out from where it is inserted) - it can still go both ways so I am wondering if I am doing it wrong, I have taken a photo of the underside to illustrate (apologies for the bad quality it was take in a place with no light source so all the light is from the flash). After i have turned it 90 degrees, I try and loosen the grey knob/valve (I assume it is the correct gray vave) and water comes out of the valve. i am sure I am missing something simple but I cant for the life of me see what it is.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33820519@N07/6836789291/in/photostream

Should the white knob I'm looking for be attached right beside the key ?

For any fans of 70's rock music theres some good Mott the Hoople reunion shots in there too ;)

I would be very gratefull for amny advice/help about what i'm doing wrong

Sorry, jumped in too quickly without looking at your photo. The boiler has a different layout.

Why not look for the User Manual on the Worcester website?

Tried that, apparently there was a knob missing so bought that and it seems to be working, how long does it take to repressurise is the next question, been at it 5 minutes no real effect so far on the pressure, can hear water going through the pipes though.

OK going from bad to worse, now instead of pouring water into the system to repressurise it seems to be that the water just goes straight through the system and into the overflow as when I try to repressurise, a stream of water comes from the overflow and stops when I stop trying to repressurise, any ideas ?

Sounds like a problem with the boiler - water coming out of the overflow is a sign of a faulty Pressure relief valve or expansion tank? Sounds like you need a heating engineer>

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back