How to remove old BT box

. If it is BT property and you are not allowed to touch it, can you request removal charge free? I have no contract nor ever have done with them.

Between you and me, don't worry about it. Its never been there since you moved in, has it?

Sponsored Links
. If it is BT property and you are not allowed to touch it, can you request removal charge free? I have no contract nor ever have done with them.

Between you and me, don't worry about it. Its never been there since you moved in, has it?

Yeah I know! I bet they are more than happy to grab money where they can! Fair point though!!!

Usually there is a box on the outside of the house where the cable - for example - comes out of the ground. There is then usually a cable from that box in through the wall to the master socket. If you can find the outside box, I'd be inclined to remove the wiring your side of that box. That leaves the service intact for other future users.

This is not legal advice though, just practical.

I haven't touched what is in the box outside or anywhere near. Literally all I have done is clipped the wires closest to the facia inside house

+1
The outside box will be easily opened, or may even just be a plastic cover. Disconnect the cable going from it into the house. It will either be a screw or crimp connection. Dead easy to snip the cable going into the house or remove it from the connector. Everybody will be happy. If BT do ever need to resupply the property, then its an easy job for them and not worth their coming out to remove their old cable and interior box.
Too many doomsayers sometimes about BT . They would only get uptight if some idiot connected their cable to the household mains!

Edit add---best posted in Alarm and phone section

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back