Hungary and polands view of migrants ....

Sounds to me like you are yearning for a new government boyo.
Well you'd know, your yearning for a train crash regarding withdraw from the EU that us what you said .....desiring the country to fail. Talk about bitter.
You need to yearn for a new brain BOYO.

Sponsored Links
Well you'd know, your yearning for a train crash regarding withdraw from the EU that us what you said .....desiring the country to fail. Talk about bitter.
You need to yearn for a new brain BOYO.

We are not yearning for it. You chose it. We didnt so don't try pass on the blame.

If I were a third party trying to mediate in this Brexit lark, I would draw a simple continuum: hard absolute, no deal Brexit one end, Remain in the EU at the other end.

Hard, No Deal Brexit <----------------------------------------------------------------> Remain in EU

Then look at the vote.
If it was 100% Leave, or there abouts, that would suggest the Hard, No Deal Brexit.
If it was 100% Remain, or there abouts it would be Remain, or even further integration.

It was 52% to 48%, that would suggest that we remain as close as possible to the EU, only just out, in name only, if you like.

Of course, as John has said many times, the Leavers do not really know what they voted for (I am not talking individually, but collectively)
The problem is that the option was one ended.
So the continuum would have to be re-drawn:

No Deal Brexit,---------A CU Brexit--------The CU Brexit--------|Vote Option|->Remain

CU = Customs Union.

Apply the 52% to 48% to that continuum. But remember where the 'vote option' was.

But I am a firm remainer, so I would suggest that any fudge is the worst of all worlds.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
If I were that third party, I would try to analyze the situation further and to keep it up-to-date.
e.g Suppose we applied some percentages to the various positions of the leave voters, (I accept this is hypothetical). Bearing in mind of course that some had no idea of the complexity involved in leaving the EU (including some supposedly informed and educated MPs, etc). Indeed some of those supposedly informed and educated people led us to believe how simple it would be, and some still are!
So of the 52% of Leave voters, let us assume that about 20% had no idea what was involved or what they wanted or expected from a decision to Leave.
The new refined schematic, two years ago at referendum time, might look like this

No Deal Brexit(12%)---------A CU Brexit(10%)--------The CU Brexit(10%)--------(20%)|Vote Option|->Remain (48%)

CU = Customs Union.

Now that the complexity of Brexit is unravelling voters are having second thoughts. We do know, from opinion polls, that public opinion has shifted slightly, which would give us a slightly different perspective, something like this:

No Deal Brexit(8%)---------A CU Brexit(7%)--------The CU Brexit(7%)--------(28%)|Vote Option|->Remain (50%)

Is it still a salient argument that Brexit is the will of the people?
Of course it is not! It is purely an ideological argument and either Parliament should be given a meaningful say at least, or the referendum should be re-run now that the people are more informed.
Any argument to the contrary is to ignore the greater enlightenment of Parliament or that of the people!
To insist that no-one has the right to change their mind, or that a decision once taken cannot be rescinded is nonsensical.
That cannot apply otherwise the original decision 40 years ago could not be reconsidered.

One could refine those percentages even further. Those are hypothetical percentages of those that voted.
It would be relatively simple to replace those with the percentages of the eligible voters. Or even to replace them with the voters that were eligible and those that should have been eligible, but were denied the right to vote by the terms of the referendum.

Last edited:
We are not yearning for it. You chose it. We didnt so don't try pass on the blame.

Listened to some expert on India today. A remainer that worked for Tony Blair. Said that India is very keen to deal with us.

It's not the voting out it your ike negativity that will bring this country down.

Listened to some expert on India today. A remainer that worked for Tony Blair. Said that India is very keen to deal with us
They can't wait to start exporting their goods and people over here. I'm surprised you didn't know this sooner. We did and has been discussed.

Free movement of Indians and the RWR....hmm?

They can't wait to start exporting their goods and people over here. I'm surprised you didn't know this sooner. We did and has been discussed.

Free movement of Indians and the RWR....hmm?

Id love yo live in India.

But there would only be a free movement of indians if there was something here for them. Otherwise why would they bother

yes, India is very keen on a new deal with improved freedom of movement.

It sounds like Bodd doesn't know which are the two countries that send the most immigrants to the UK.

It sounds like Bodd doesn't know which are the two countries that send the most immigrants to the UK.

My wife is part Indian so I have an idea. Have you got a problem with Indians?, sounds like you have. And Somalians

Why do you get very few Indians in the Artic ??????

Because there is nothing there for them.

Why would they want to come to the UK???

Listened to some expert on India today. A remainer that worked for Tony Blair. Said that India is very keen to deal with us.

It's not the voting out it your ike negativity that will bring this country down.

Utter horse crap. Your deluded idiocy has brought this country down.

Land Rover have made a warning about the impact of a hard brexit on 40k jobs and £80bn in investment. Look at the drop off in FDI.

India? Tell me how much our trade is with India, also their high commissioner made it clear any deal would involve reducing restrictions on freedom of movement. So thats one of the planks leavers voted for - immigration control.

Some idiots on here are still in denial ....

Out won pure and simple .......thats it. Some think there's
a world outside the EU others are scared.....oh how will we survive without Brussels .......give us another referendum .........bring it on out will be bigger !!!!

Are you knowsnowt ....whose talking to you .....knowsnowt wants the train crash he can't wait he said so.I don't know what you want and don't want to know.

Sponsored Links
Back