I Cant think properly...

Sponsored Links
Have a look at/download 'amendment 1 Forms', http://electrical.theiet.org/wiring-regulations/forms/index.cfm the last 7 or so pages list defects and related regs No's.
Indeed it does - in a section called 'Examples of Items requiring inspection for an EICR'.

Therefore if you're doing a report you should write it in the same way by noting the applicable regs.
You are the only person I've seen or heard of coming to such a strange conclusion. Nothing in the forms' guidance notes or Amendment 1 itself says that you have to 'note the applicable regs' on an EICR. As you go on to say, to do so would be a pain, and potentially could 'open one great can of worms' - so why suggest that one should do it when nothing in the regs says that one has to?

Kind Regards, John.

It would not be the first time that holmslaw has come to "such a strange conclusion" about something in the Wiring Regulations, nor will it be the last, as it's all influenced by his desire to discredit them.

Sponsored Links
It would not be the first time that holmslaw has come to "such a strange conclusion" about something in the Wiring Regulations, nor will it be the last, as it's all influenced by his desire to discredit them.
I know, but I think it's actually something (someone) other that the Wiring Regulations that he is succeeding in discrediting.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back