I need help choosing correct shower and assessing cabling!

Hi Simon

Thanks. Have been over to the flat and had proper look with some new 10mm T+E to reference to. Definitely 10mm T+E that i have. Unfortunately wired via double pole switch to the RCD but only to a b rated 32b fuse. It is not sat under the 63A rccb either so won't trip....does it need to?

If so, I already have a 32A cooker/oven, and a 32A sockets and spurs sat under the 63A RCCB, which would cover both, would it then be possible to additionally just move and upgrade the 32b current shower fuse to a 50A/B to cover a 10.8kw shower - which i guess needs about 45A, and then sit it under the 63A RCCB rather than under the current 100A main switch where it currently is, as although this overloads the RCCB, i am not realistically going to use the oven/cooker, all my sockets and my shower all at once?...or would the RCCB need upgrading too?

If a 50A is big enough - should it be an A or should it be a B like the current 32 the existing shower is sat on?

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back