I really hate plastering!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No, I mean it... I do.

I'm covered in the stuff... and there's more to do tomorrow.

Just thought I'd mention it.

:)

Sponsored Links
don't be so ungrateful, i have never known any one to complain before when they are well pastered :LOL:

...it's all over me boots, the carpet, the drive... it's in me hair, me ears, down the back of me neck... bummer.

Sponsored Links
dingbat said:
...it's all over me boots, the carpet, the drive... it's in me hair, me ears, down the back of me neck... bummer.

No wonder you've got more to do tomorrow, It sounds like you didn't get any on the wall!!!!

:D

Good luck!

dingbat said:

Could be worse, wattle and daub in your hair would be stinkier than plaster. :eek:

mildmanneredjanitor said:
It sounds like you didn't get any on the wall!!!!

Ah, maybe that's it! I've had the diagrams up the wrong way... thought it was an odd choice of floor covering.

Nah, I jest. It's not a bad job and I managed to keep everything relatively clean. It's still a horrible process though - Do plasterers have to strip off on the doorstep when they arrive home, or are noneof them married, I wonder?

dingbat said:
mildmanneredjanitor said:
It sounds like you didn't get any on the wall!!!!

Ah, maybe that's it! I've had the diagrams up the wrong way... thought it was an odd choice of floor covering.

Nah, I jest. It's not a bad job and I managed to keep everything relatively clean. It's still a horrible process though - Do plasterers have to strip off on the doorstep when they arrive home, or are noneof them married, I wonder?

No, that's just the gardener if you are married! ;)

I think it's just practice makes perfect, getting the mix just right, working the plaster on the hawk and keeping the tools clean. Each time I plaster I get a little better.

Remember the first time you painted??? Dipping the brush too deeply in the paint pot, runs and paint dribbling down your arm!!! Or was that just me!

Try to think of it as 'I've learnt a new skill' And pat yourself on the back. Well done mate!

Sponsored Links
Back