I,ve had to walk off a job

Sponsored Links
noseall said:
a verbal agreement, although more difficult to prove, has a legal standing just as significant as a written one.

it will depend on what you promised to do.
No it won't, because whatever you undertook to do was going to be in exchange for payment. You can't be forced to perform a contract (other than a land transaction) even if you've been paid - the remedy for that would be to pay the money back.

Well done for taking control of the situation - there are too many rogue customers, and her friends will already know her as someone who changes her mind and manipulates people. If they don't then you don't them as customers anyway.

If she goes out of her way to sling mud more publicly, she would expose herself to a charge of defamation.

If you're concerned, write a letter to explain the situation; this will give her the opportunity to put her point of view.

JohnD
on me head , as a dust mask ,lol

Softus
as always an Excellent reply , defamation,etc , as building a good name is everything an a few fools/rogue customers can ruin that ..
if they carry on let your firms solicitor send a threatening letter to Cease-and-desist , you can then sue ..

Sponsored Links
Hi, i am a young builder new to the game. My first solo job was to build a mammoth extension encorporating steel beams, an 18m steel ridge and some fancy roofing. My customer wished to pay me day rate, to which i cherged £120 per day

Dean you must be the cheapest builder in the country. Your not polish by any chance are you!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back