I wonder what happened to old forumites?

Sponsored Links
And the bloke who was gonna do a bike ride for charity. I pledged a tenner but he never came back to collect. Maybe he didn't make it?

Same here fella, just don't always have the time or inclination. Just got back from holiday and dreading going back to work. The good old days are gone now when a discussion with other members on here didn't lead on to name calling etc - most of the time anyway :mrgreen: Glad that you are still around mate.
Oi, I don't go in for name calling, you pillock! :LOL:
JBR, you remember the good old days fella - some of the old names have gone. Some rightly so, but others, we had good banter, good discussions and some serious debates without the name calling you Northern pillock :LOL: Just jesting. Why not set up your own forum - you as admin, Joe90 and nose all as mods? :eek:

Sponsored Links
Blas - good to see you again buddy. Hope all is well. Are you still contributing somewhere else? :D
Hello mate. Nah, not posting anywhere. Haven't bothered with DIYnot for a while due to the repetitive nature of the discussions. Hope all is well with you and yours.
Same here fella, just don't always have the time or inclination. Just got back from holiday and dreading going back to work. The good old days are gone now when a discussion with other members on here didn't lead on to name calling etc - most of the time anyway :mrgreen: Glad that you are still around mate.

It has been a lot better on here recently since a certain member disappeared but there does seem to be a lack of new posts. The old posts disappear a lot slower off the first page than they used to.
Name names Squeaky - oh hold on, best not, just in case a certain religion circumvents the topic and we all get labelled as racists :cool:

JBR, you remember the good old days fella - some of the old names have gone. Some rightly so, but others, we had good banter, good discussions and some serious debates without the name calling you Northern pillock :LOL: Just jesting. Why not set up your own forum - you as admin, Joe90 and nose all as mods? :eek:
Oi, I'm not a northern pillock, that could mean a Lanky pillock. I'm far better than that. I'm a Yorkshire pillock.

I assure you that if I ever set up my own forum, acting as admin., the first thing I'd do is ban Joe90. :D Not sure about Nosey, though.

Yes, there are threads these days that I just scroll past because I know what they'll be about. I enjoy serious debates as much as I enjoy good humour, but you're right: some just descend into unproductive argument.
Friendly/humorous discussion = good
Belligerent argument = bad.

Oi, I'm not a northern pillock, that could mean a Lanky pillock. I'm far better than that. I'm a Yorkshire pillock.

I assure you that if I ever set up my own forum, acting as admin., the first thing I'd do is ban Joe90. :D Not sure about Nosey, though.

Yes, there are threads these days that I just scroll past because I know what they'll be about. I enjoy serious debates as much as I enjoy good humour, but you're right: some just descend into unproductive argument.
Friendly/humorous discussion = good
Belligerent argument = bad.

No, don't ban nosey. He is good for beauty & fashion advice for our female viewers. :LOL:

Blas and others like him were terrific contributors to this site. We had serious debates regarding various topics and sometimes, we disagreed with other posters views. Saying that, we never went to the extremes of name calling ( only in banter ) We all put our point across and discussed, even to the point of never being called racist. How times have changed. Contrary to others on here, I like Joe 90's threads. It makes you think, even though I rarely agree with him.

Contrary to others on here, I like Joe 90's threads. It makes you think, even though I rarely agree with him.
I have seen him make the occasional interesting comment, but these are far outnumbered by the endlessly repetitive posts he comes out with, and he'll argue that black is white even when proven wrong!
Look at the Tony Blair thread, for example. :LOL:

ok i have not read the whole thread
but we must never take the moral high ground as peoples brains are wired differently
what to me is pure stupidity to others is a bit off a risk
what to me is a life changing action to others will be a normal daily occurrence
in other words its no ones place to say whats right and wrong
its only ones place to suggest what the "average person" would think as a normal reaction
but providing a though or action isnt evil or ment to be unhelpful in a nasty way it can never be wrong and those who think they have the correct answer with rules and regulations should remember they are often far from perfect so should refrain from moral judgement

But he just says the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again! :sleep:

But he just says the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again! :sleep:

That must have taken you a while or did you copy and paste??

Reminds me of that Peter Kaye song, you know, the one you can't get out of your head the instant you recite it. Over and over...la la...DOH!

Some posts have been removed.

Good heavens no. I taught myself to touch-type many years ago.
I can do 30 minutes a word.

Sponsored Links
Back