Icicle lights with no transformer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I'm after some outdoor 'icicle' lights. I've got an external socket that can close over normal plugs but not the stupid transformer things that the icicle lights seem to come with.

Has anyone seen any old skool 240V ones with no transformer? I'll be able to get those plugged in nicely.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
"Old Skool" type Christmas lights which run directly off 240V are (AFAIK) never available in outdoor versions, for obvious safety reasons.

This is the best way to use plug-in transformers outdoors for Christmas lights etc.

Colin C

"Old Skool" type Christmas lights which run directly off 240V are (AFAIK) never available in outdoor versions, for obvious safety reasons
They used to be, before 12v became the norm. My uncle had some with screw in lamps and shades over them. The shades provided the IP rating to the lamp. They were expensive though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back