Ideal Boiler not Working..Please Help :(

I did ask if she was in Coventry because we know a good plumber there!

But she did not reply and does not tell us where she is.

Water sloshing around implies to me that the boiler is not actually pressurised. But I cannot comment on the display which means nothing to me.

I am sure the solution will be found by a good boiler engineer.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Your boiler has overheated due to air in the boiler, turn all rads off except the closest to boiler.

I don't know how competent you are but when I have this problem I usually take the diverter head off and manually push the valve spindle in letting the water move through the ch flow whilst turning the boiler on and off at the power(this kicks the pump in for a few seconds), this allows the boiler to cool down quicker.

Basically your boiler is overheating on the preheat cycle and cannot push the air into the ch pipework, as has been said your aav is probably not working correctly.

HTH

Sponsored Links
@filsyn, Thanks for the advice... First time we have ever seen such a 3 line fault and your advice. Boiler back up and running and air being pushed out... Thanks again...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back