Ideal Classic 260P

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have enough BTU left in the scope of my boiler and want to add a rad into the same room as the boiler is located in. What I need to know this, is there a min distance from the boiler 22mm pipes flow and return from which you can take the first radiator feed from? Including the feed to the new rad the entire length is about 2 meters including flow and return. I hope I've explained that well.

Les.

Sponsored Links
Do you mean taking the flow/return connections directly from the boilers flow and return and before the pump and any zone valves? If so it will not work.
You either have to tee into an existing rad circuit tor run a new flow and return connected after any pump and CH zone valve to achieve correct circulation.

Ok so if I understand you correctly I have to be at the output side of the pump for the flow to work:( Problem with this is that there's no local rads from which I can take the feed from. I was going to use a lockshield valve on the return side to balance it but guess this an't going to help me anyway.

Will have a re-think regards getting the pipeing from the garage to the inner house so I can pickup a feed from one of the other rads.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Les.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back