ideal classic ff260 pcb 25b

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi..my 12 year old ideal ff260 wouldn't start tonight...fan not running.... i changed the fan a couple of years ago.
did the usual checks as per the flowchart, no volts at fan molex, and the fan relay is really blackened and when i removed the pcb i noticed that the solder on one of the relay pins and track was missing.
re soldered the pin and all is now working ok.
so just in case it fails again i have ordered a new relay from RS ready to solder in if needed.

if all else fails i've done some searching for a new pcb and the prices vary massively, also pcb 25b's are few and far between....... my question is............

is the later versions PCB25 E , compatible with the PCB 25B (part number 079716...... 386 149)
the PCB25E is more readily available on ebay etc and cheaper.....
thanks...H.

Sponsored Links
We dont advise DIYers to open the combustion chamber where the fan is located.

The obvious advice is to get a gas reg engineer to diagnose the fault and check the boiler for safety!

Tony

Sponsored Links
the fault was pretty obviously a poor solder connection on the pcb...
i can understand you not encouraging DIYers not to open up / work in combustion chambers...but for this fault i only need to access to pcb.

i'll do some ringing round if needed....thanks.

i can understand you not encouraging DIYers not to open up / work in combustion chambers...but for this fault i only need to access to pcb.

The whole boiler is a gas appliance and any work you do can affect its safety regardless of parts position eg.- the gas valve isn't in the combustion chamber either.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back