Ideal Classic LX FF260 fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know why fan is running all the time when neither Ch or hot water are on. It's also making an irritating whirring sound otherwise I doubt I'd have noticed as it was very quiet before. I guess its a board that controls its operation.

Sponsored Links
The boiler in question is at my daughters house and after I've had a proper look it's not the boiler after all but the pump is running hours after the boilers been on for hot water. Anyone have any ideas what can cause this.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
This is the set up below, 2 x 2 way valves could one of these be the problem.
20240521_220846.jpg
20240521_221046.jpg
20240521_221038.jpg

It is a sticking microswitch in one of your motorised valves , easiest way to check which one is go into the wiring centre and disconnect one orange wire at a time which ever one stops the pump and boiler running tells you which valve has faulty switch .
When you go into centre do it with power off .
You can change just the heads on these valves without the need to drain down cheapest place to get them is screwfix/ toolstation buy the whole valve its cheaper than just the head

Just a thought....

Is that pipe stat, next to the pump, wired to override the pump, so it runs while ever the water temperature is above a certain temperature? Might that be set too low, and is holding the pump on?

@ Harry many thanks.

The pipe stat hasn't been adjusted and the pump running only was noticed 2 days ago so it must have been ok before. Its set at 45' should it be set higher? Are these known to go faulty/out if calibration. I'll adjust upwards to see if it turns off the pump.

The pipe stat hasn't been adjusted and the pump running only was noticed 2 days ago so it must have been ok before. Its set at 45' should it be set higher? Are these known to go faulty/out if calibration.

If the state, operates the pump, then 45 is about right, but those stats have a wide hysteresis, so maybe a reason for it staying on.

I'll adjust upwards to see if it turns off the pump.

Yep!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back