Ideal Isar boiler - pressure problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have an Ideal Isar HE30 boiler and although it seems to be working fine at the moment (hot water and central heating), it has developed a large pressure swing when the heating kicks in

The boiler used to sit a 1bar and increase to 1.5bar - now, for some reason, the pressure sits at 0.5bar and increases to 2.2 bar when the central heating is on.

If I increase the pressure when cold to 1 bar, the boiler pressure goes up to nearly 3 bar and water starts to drip out of the bottom of the boiler.

Anyone know what the problem is? I do have an extended insurance policy out via homeserve, but i'm relectant to call them as the boiler still works and doesn't leak if you leave it at 0.5bar when cold so it doesn't over pressurize when hot

If this prob needs urgerntly looking at - does the homeserve thing cover this?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
expansion vessel is most likely flat.

on an HE30 there will probably be access to the valve to refill it, some of the earlier turds required them to be removed from the wall to repressurise.

Its probably the expansion vessel, it needs re-charging or replacing. Phone homeserve and they'll sort it. It wont get better only worse.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back