ideal isar fault

You said you cleaned dhw thermistor not changed it. So start there. LE can be an internal board fault an open circuit overheat stat and also an earth fault external to boiler. I have been to several that have had 4 pcbs fitted in the one week before we have been called (bg job). Checked earth continuity and resistance to earth and found poor earth to boiler!

Sponsored Links
Ps I would always take an inlet pressure and a gas rate if I had worked on any boiler component as well as full electrical checks which you shouldn't be doing if not registered.

3 months later... OP has probably moved on with his life by now...

Sponsored Links
yes it was the wiring and thermistor not pcb.
problem is thermistor does two functions water flow and temp reg.
agile why register for the chamber when most of the replies are off topic and of no use.

agile why register for the chamber when most of the replies are off topic and of no use.
Has Smug grin to oneselve:cool: :cool:

i think he already knows the operation of the dhw thermistor on a ideal isar, we do generally work on enough of um! (no offence shambolic)
the cc is only available to people who prove they are qualified so the responses are more likely to be from people who work on boilers every day so prob more reliable and more relevant :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back