Ideal Mini C28 - i balls'ed it up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have the ideal mini c28 combi boiler on a sealed system.

i was bleeding 2 of the rads upstairs. no water came out of either of them. i was going to re-pressurise (top up) the boiler but i noticed there was no filling loop, or any space for a filling loop.

i turned the blue handle underneath the boiler which i thought would let water into the system. the pressure bar didnt move from 0.5 bar. instead it went down to 0!!

the boiler is now not working. i still have hot water. if i run the hot water then the boiler fires up and the pressure increases to 0.5 bar again. when i turn the tap off, it goes back down to 0. so basically i have no central heating system, but hot water.

the pressure my boiler was at before all this happened was 1 bar. im not too sure on the manufacturers guidelines.

also, the digital timer the boiler is attached to seems to have gone dimmer and even disappeared for a few seconds.

can any one offer me any help? i have no central heating!!

edit: i have checked the PDF manual online but i couldnt see any troubleshoot relevant to my problem. i also couldnt see any thing relevant to a filling loop.

Sponsored Links
bump.

any1 have any ideas?

does this make/model of boiler not have a built in filling loop?

any help would be appreciated, the missus and baby have had to move out because the house is so cold.

i have looked everywhere for the filling loop, in the process of doing so, i had to disconnect the washer, so thats out of order at the moment. i checked my CHW pipe run but couldnt find anything.

unless the loop is behind the sink which has fitted units? is this possible? would any one fit it in a place like that?

please, any help?

sounds like another victim of the cowboys, not unusual with ideal.
as the boiler has been working, there should be a filler somewhere. follow the flow pipe wherever it goes and you should find the filling link

Sponsored Links
if the kitchens newer than the boiler... it'll be there... get a mirror and a torch.

I found that the firm fitting council kitchens in Westminster disregarded the need for access to stop cocks and filling loops. The employees were from another country.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back