Ideal Response 120 Combi Loud Rumbling

This is the only boiler that has a pre-mix burner and is non-condensing.

That shows that you dont work on boilers yourself!

Try thinking about Powermaxes! Or in your case start looking them up on the internet!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Come on Paul keep up :LOL:
I know more about BG than you and I left three years ago!!!!!
I would check version as I havehad several where hex replaced by BG and inner flue not re sealed. Early model siliconed later model had a seal

BG engineer came and 'did some stuff' for more than an hour. No idea what. He is coming back on Friday to 'do some more stuff' including fitting 'a seal'. These are the wife's words so I'm not sure what hapeened or what will happen. The engineer did hear the noise though which is a bonus. I also read him the suggestions about inlet pressure and meter regulator. I don't like telling others how to do their jobs - but at least it might ave given the guy something extra to think about.

Sponsored Links

Try thinking about Powermaxes! Or in your case start looking them up on the internet!

Tony

You may be right. The old IMM Powermaxes I think were pre-mix. About the only other one then. The Powermax is a floor standing unit, while Response is a wall model. The current Powermaxes are condensing.

You are right I do not fix boilers day to day - I leave that to others to change the pumps, as I am too valuable to be used on menial tasks. But I know how they work and in detail too. My advice to you is not to get involved in installations as you are clearly out of your depth.

Tony

You may be right. The old IMM Powermaxes I think were pre-mix. About the only other one then. The Powermax is a floor standing unit, while Response is a wall model. The current Powermaxes are condensing.

You are right I do not fix boilers day to day - I leave that to others to change the pumps, as I am too valuable to be used on menial tasks. But I know how they work and in detail too. My advice to you is not to get involved in installations as you are clearly out of your depth.

sticking pipes, boilers and rads on walls isn't difficult bigbullshit. :rolleyes:
I wouldn't employ you as a teaboy.

Paul defo changed to ten as I was involved in a bg joint visit on a minimiser. The flue stat seals the hole itself. The way to test rumbling air gas problems is to partialy cover the venturi to restrict air the rumbling should stop

The way to test rumbling air gas problems is to partialy cover the venturi to restrict air the rumbling should stop

So somebody else has heard of my finger test mixture adjuster then!

Tony

You are right I do not repair or install boilers day to day - I leave that to others, as I am too valuable to be used on menial tasks. But I know how they work and in detail too.

So valuable to the country that you have been retired!

Tony

sticking pipes, boilers and rads on walls isn't difficult bigbullshit.

You clearly know little of installation.

TO THE MODS will you please ban this man as he is clearly contravening forum rules.

You know feck all about installation, service or repair bigbullshit. Go and cry to the mods because you are a clueless idiot and a fake. :cry: :rolleyes:

Thought I would offer some closure here. After much chasing, BG got Ideal out. Ideal said it was the gas valve. BG replaced valve and the noise has gone. [touches wood].

Thanks all.

If the gas valve was not set correctly then the boiler could make noises if the misture was too weak.

I dont know if the instructions say you can adjust the gas valve, Ideal have a habit of saying dont touch it.

Thats not because it cannot be adjusted but because 95% of people fiddling with boilers DONT know how to set it and many dont even have the right equipment.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back