Ideal Response 120 - Any help appreciated

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks Ideal Man but sadly the wrong side of the NCR being down in Tooting!

Guess i will have to get someone else out and hope it is easily fixable. Should most people know this type of boiler?

Winnit said:
Thanks Ideal Man but sadly the wrong side of the NCR being down in Tooting!

Guess i will have to get someone else out and hope it is easily fixable. Should most people know this type of boiler?

most engineers who know it tend to try and steer well clear of it!

I can get to Tooting (dogsled) but I can claim no special knowledge of these boilers. Email me if you're stuck!

Your gas valve has had it mate, normally affected by dampness, due to 1. rain in from flue and 2.leaking heat exchanger (Poor design due to water getting into gas valve via impulse/bundy tubes)

Have you got power to your solenoids? During ignition process, use a 'magic pen', such as a volt alert, and hold it on the wires to the solenoids, check for power to the solenoids, the pen will glow, a more accurate test can be done by disconnecting the solenoid connectors and test with a multimeter for 240V across the L and N (both solenoids). Also, TURN OFF THE GAS and remove the spark electrodes, fire the boiler up and look for a spark, if there is a decent spark, suspect your gas valve. Very awkward to change mate, best of luck. And watch out for gas leaks when you've changed it, remember to put the plain and serrated washers back from where they came, because the pins bottom out on the thread on the gas valve without them on, thus causing our friends from Transco to come and turn you off due to the gasket not pulling the gas valve tight enough to the case.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back