Identifying Radiator order

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I plan to balance my system at some point and one of the steps is to identify the order in which the radiators heat up. With 12 of them that could take a while so I'm wondering what the best way of doing it is, my plan is to open all the flow and return valves fully. The first rad should then pinch most of the flow and be the only one to heat up significantly, once identified this can be closed off and the next one will heat up and so on. Does this sound like a reasonable way of doing it?

TIA

Sponsored Links
Sounds a good plan.

You should be able to get a rough idea of the order from the relative location of the rads. Pipes are normally laid so the rads are connected in sequence - like the rungs of a ladder.

The reason for balancing in the heating order is that it reduces the need to go back and make adjustments.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back